Non-EBA Event: 16th Annual Gas and Power Institute
2017-10-05 07:45:00 2017-10-06 17:00:00 America/Chicago Non-EBA Event: 16th Annual Gas and Power Institute- EBA **For a full listing of events visit http://eba-net.org/calendar Hotel Derek, Houston, TX EBA - Energy Bar Association email@example.com
Dates: Thursday, October 5, 2017 - 7:45am to Friday, October 6, 2017 - 5:00pm
Location: Hotel Derek, Houston, TX
Register now for the 16th Annual Gas and Power Institute! Featuring timely topics relevant to the gas and power industry in light of the changing landscape of rules, regulation, legislation, and environmental requirements. With essential information on the latest industry and market climate, the Institute also provides a must-have set of materials and resources.
2017 Institute highlights:
• Texas Legislative and Regulatory Update provides highlights from the 85th Texas Legislative Session and updates on recent judicial and administrative decisions affecting the Texas gas and electric industries.
• Todd Filsinger, Filsinger Energy Partners, provides an Overview of the U.S. Power Markets and the Impacts of Market Structures.
• Lisa Tonery and Adam Wenner, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, provide insight on how the new FERC chairman and commissioners will redirect the future of electric power and natural gas regulation.
• Phil Lookadoo, Haynes and Boone, LLP, delivers Dodd-Frank: President Trump's Agenda Changes Everything, Or Does It?
• Craig R. Enochs, Reed Smith LLP, explores the challenges in preparing contracts for the purchase and sale of electric capacity.
• Meghan Griffiths, Jackson Walker, LLP, leads a panel on Meeting the Electricity Needs of Industrial and Large Commercial Customers.
• Rebecca Bollenbach, Essentia Advisory Partners, reviews Mexico's power registration for retail power marketing and wholesale power trading, including the challenges that many have faced in navigating the process.
• A panel of experts lead by Norma Rosner Iacovo, Tenaska Power Services Co., presents How to Build an Energy Project in the Face of Activist Opposition.
• Earn two hours of ethics credit.
• Attendees enjoy networking with program faculty and attendees during Thursday evening's reception.